Saturday, February 19, 2011

Book of faces...




I liked not having facebook. And I love not having a twitter. The fact that I have a blog is borderlining my dislike. It's the easiest way to vent about the crap going in your life. The frustrations of work, the loneliness of being dateless, etc. And it's mostly accepted. Because we all love to complain. We think it makes us feel better. But I don't feel any better afterward. 

I activated my facebook shortly after I deleted it. [It was so great not having facebook. It felt so freeing.] The love interest was sad to not have any photos of the two of us anymore. Since then, I've gotten on to check his page and the couple other interesting things going on. But I can't bring myself to update my status. [And when I do, I go back and delete it] Because once I do, it opens up the opportunity to complain about how lonely it is without the love man. And no one wants to hear about that. And it's not even that big of a deal. But that's the problem with these things like blogs. It's the outlet for our lives and our feelings and all the other self absorbed things happening in our lives. But if it's interesting enough, people get sucked in. Reading and reading about all the things happening. That's facebook. Everyones getting engaged and getting speeding tickets and getting new pets. Nothing new under the sun. It's all the same...just someone else, somewhere else. And if I want to be depressed, I'll get on facebook. It works every time. It's always greener somewhere else, right? Right.

I need to take my herbs and my B vitamins and choke down a good outlet on my life. It's about time I was happy where I'm at. And it's about time I cut the negative-nancy out of my life. 
My love interest would agree.

Cheers. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment