Friday, October 29, 2010

Superheros.

I've been thinking about superheros. Knights in shining armor. Men in masks. People who save the day.

Humans are so obsessed with people who save the world. Superheros. Vampires (The good ones) Wherewolves, Shadowhunters, Superman, Men bitten by radioactive spiders...the list goes on.

Sometimes I wonder if it's in our genetics. Woven in the center of our being. The desire for a person who will risk all and fight the battles to save us. Girls dream of boys who will whisk them away from the quarters they're trapped in. Boys make helmets out of milk jugs in hopes to be the knight who slays the dragon. We're obsessed.

Sometimes I wonder why someone doesn't do it. Why doesn't someone design a cape and go out and fight the bad guys. There's enough inventions in the world to make it possible I suppose. But I wonder if they all know. Just one person can't be the hero of the world. They can't possibly save everyone.

So why do we pine over the fictional heros? Why can't we get over them? Why do we even fill our minds with their fantastical feats?

I think it's in our blood. The blood that runs in us. The blood that pumps through our beating hearts. It's the blood that saved the world. He's a super hero, you know. He came and saved us from the villain. But I think we sometimes forget because He doesn't wear a cape. I think the real Hero spends every day with us. He just doesn't wear a mask.

Thanks Jesus.
For saving the world.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment