Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October 1st!



This year has really flown by.....in those slow sluggish ways. What I mean is, each day and week has passed by as slow as a sloth, but looking back...I can see that we've covered a lot of ground. October 1st. I can't believe it. But, hooray!


I heard a rumor of some sort of pumpkin shortage. Which is sad. I hope there's enough to go around. I want to buy one and carve it, just for fun (Not that it's a tradition of mine. I've only carved a pumpkin once before) but I want to wait until everyone else buys theirs. That way I don't steal from anyones October-happiness.

So. On a completely different note. I've been reading. A lot. Not just happy-go-lucky-romance books. Fighting and somewhat-sci-fi madness kind of books. And I love them. But I fear that I've become some-what of a hermit. Whenever life gets boring (which is...always) I pull out my book and read and find my home and my life somewhere else. Sounds a little pathetic, huh?

I know. I think so too.

Because of all this reading and having so many adventures, (Adventures that, of course, leak into my dreams. Therefore, I'm assuming that my mind is so bored with my current life's work that it's pouring all the excitement in places I cannot reach. Like dreams.) I've started wishing I was born at another place and time. Future mostly (I am reading sci-fi after all) but I was thinking about it yesterday. My dreams of adventure and different places and different times. Regardless of wherever I am....I'd be thinking the same thing. If I was living my early-adult-hood in 2090, I would be reading books by Nicholas Sparks and wishing I lived in 2010. What can I say? The grass is always greener....somewhere else. But really. It's not. It's all the same. Different scenarios, yes. Different times, yes. Different people, yes. But ultimately...it's life. And after a couple of weeks (or months) no matter where you are in the world.....every scenario you choose becomes..."life." We become used to it and it becomes every day. So, I think it's time I decided to live in the present and be happy about. And make the most of the life surrounding me.

Until Time Travel works anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment