Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thrifting and editing clothing...

I think I should have taken classes in fashion. Just because of the fact that no matter where I am in life...I'll always need to wear clothes. (I don't plan on joining a nudest colony any time in my earthly life...) So it would definitely be worth my time. My mom tried to teach me to sew on the sewing machine once. We made pajama pants. I should say that I attempted to make them. One leg was a wide bell and the other one was super skinny (This was before skinny jeans were cool again...) Let's just say I was pretty frustrated by the end and swore off sewing. But lately I've been dreaming of reinventing my closet. And I've been wanting to go to thrift stores and buying outdated things and making them new again. I found an old handmade wedding dress today at the Salvation Army and had great plans for it. I didn't buy it...but I keep thinking about it, so I may go back tomorrow before work and snatch it up. It can be my first real attempt at altering a vintage piece. I don't own a sewing machine...but I've got two hands and a thread and needle. I think I can take the challenge...

On another note. I lose my rings. All the time. I used to have a bunch of really rad ones from a friend of mine. They didn't fit her and she gave them to me...score. Of course...I lost them one day to my dismay. But not to my surprise. I have a really special ring that I wear everyday from my love interest. He gave it to me as a promise ring....promising to come back for me one day. So, I've been wearing it faithfully ever since. Except for the few times when I almost lost it. Last month I tragically lost it again. I prayed frantically and found it (praise God) and decided it's time to invest in a ring holder. I've been looking for one diligently ever since and haven't found anything suitable to my taste. Until today. I found a sweet little bunny with perfect ears for rings. So here he is.



When I bought him for 99 cents I planned on painting him to give him a new life. But he's so sweet, I'm not sure if I will.... we'll just see. But for now. He's doing his job and keeping my ring safely in sight. I hope this is the solution to my ring-losing-habit. Tattooed rings are cool...but I really want a real wedding band if I can keep from losing it...

Speaking of tattoos. Everytime I want to get a tattoo I think of myself as an old woman with tattoos...eh. Not so classy...


That was a sidenote.
Anyways. That's all for tonight. I'm skyping my man so....
Peace and love.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment