Saturday, January 29, 2011

Long distance life..



Mostly my life has been about long distance. Moving every other year growing up meant that I was always saying good bye. The fact that I was home schooled (Save the jokes) helped. And the fact that my three brothers were the best play mates helped also. But still. I never had a best friend that lasted for long because of the moves. And when your eight years old, most of your friends aren't great pen pals. So therefore, the long distance friendships kinda fall away.

Now that I'm older and have lived in the same place for more than a year has helped. But I have long distance relationships still. My closest friend is always traveling the world and currently resides in Colorado. And the love of my life lives on the other side of the country as well (in the opposite direction). Everyone is always...not where I am. (Except at least I'm with my family right now. Which is great. They're wonderful and I'm trying not to take a moment for granted...which of course I still do...) It can wear on you after a while. But that's the way it is, so you suck it up and you're happy that they're even in your life.

I wish I could fly everyone home to me. Just send them a piece of paper. Then they could fold it up into a plane. And come home to me. We could have picnics and go to the movies and laugh. Like we were 19 years old and still hung out after bible school. Bible school was the most carefree and happiest days of my so far life. But I know the best are yet to come.

So I'm going to dream up plans to get the people I love to my side. And dream up adventures. Because God loves adventures. And so do I. And He promised me that I'd go on them...

I should become a flight attendant. I don't know why I'm not.

Because of all this long distance. I applied for a credit card. Not so I can go in debt. But so I can build my credit score...and get free miles with their reward program. I haven't been approved yet but I believe I have favor. And I need some free miles. Long distance relationships are expensive.....

Love. From far away, I'm sure.
xo

P.S. I had a photo shoot with an paper airplane. They're super lame. Enjoy:)



I made this paper airplane.

Then, I ate it.

Then I looked at it.

And it crashed into me.

And then I got bored of the airplane...

Cheers!


I guess I'll have to come up with a new idea from bringing people home to me...

2 comments:

  1. Home schoolers are white!! lol

    SOS 1:6 (Definitely not a home schooler)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac Wheeler! You wrote that in my Bible...so every time I read it, I get made fun of.
    Thanks. Thanks a lot.
    hahah ;D

    ReplyDelete