Monday, January 3, 2011

I'll find my way someday..

I was telling a couple friends the other day about my life story. Where I'm from and where I'm going. Only the going part wasn't really long. Because I always grew up as the little girl who never knew who she wanted to be. I told people I wanted to be a veterinarian because I liked puppies..but not because I really wanted to be that. It just sounded better than saying "I don't know." (I think I once told someone that I wanted to be a vegetarian by accident....but that's a sidenote.)

I've realized a lot of my life is just a lot of learning experiences. They're all leading up to something, I'm sure. But I'm just not sure about the part they're leading up to. You see...everything I've done up 'til now has taught me something...how to be patient, how to stand on my own two feet and be brave, how to shove myself out there and be friendly even when I'm feeling shy as a turtle, how to deal with hateful people, how to lead and make decisions as a boss, how to push myself as far as my body will let me in the form of over-working, how to push feelings aside and be happy, how to live apart from the people i love most, and various other things. By making this list, it sounds like I am a well put together and mature individual. Which could be true...but I have a lot more learning to do...

But realizing this makes me feel better about all my wandering. And my floundering as some have said. Because for some reason, I'm learning all these life experiences. And I'm not sure what they're leading to. But it's all about the journey right? They say, don't rush to the end, because God's interested in the journey. So I'll keep marching on through the maze...xo


tumblr_lacgjfMMjY1qc78uuo1_500_large.jpg

2 comments:

  1. "Not all those who wander are lost" - J.R. Tolkien

    If life is a destination to be reached, what happens when we get there? Life is a continuing learning experience. The things you have been through don't take you where you are going to be, they take you to who you are going to be. Don't try to figure out the next chapter in your life Abbie, just enjoy where you are now. Use your current circumstances to make sure that the person you are in the future is the best person they can be. I think you're doing great. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. R. R. Tolkien***

    ReplyDelete