Saturday, November 20, 2010

You should read this right before bed. It's so exciting, you'll fall asleep...

I keep wanting to blog and write clever sentences and talk about pretty things. I guess they call it writers block. But I don't really think of myself as a writer. But I guess I can now sympathize for all the writers out there who are having a hard time finishing their book. If you're a writer, I hope your mind explodes with inspiration and you can't stop writing. Yes. Amen.

I'm finally settling in. It's been a year and a half since I moved back home with my parents. And finally when I go in my room, I think of my room as mine. I don't think of my room as the guest room and I don't think of the bed as the guest bed. And I don't hate my bed anymore. I guess I needed to finally embrace my room instead of subconsciously always wishing I was somewhere else. (I still wish that I had my brothers' beds though...theirs are so much more comfier. And I love twin beds more than doubles. I strongly believe big beds are lonely.) I suppose if enough time passes you realize you're where you're at and you'll probably be there a while longer. So you might as well love it while you're there. At least for me.

I have a pink Christmas tree. I put it up in the corner of my bedroom. I've left it on all night while I sleep the past couple of nights. Every time I wake up, I feel all cozy and warm. It's funny how a couple of lights wrapped around a tree can make you smile. I hung all my paintings on my wall. Granted they're up on the walls with staples... but they're up there none-the-less.

Mr. Love Interest received his orders this Friday. He now knows what his life will look like up until August 2011. Which is fantastic. Because when you're in the military...you never know what's going on until you're doing it. So, hooray for that. On the other hand, I'm not excited about the first two weeks of January. He'll be going through SERE school. in other words he's attending torture camp. No roasting marshmallows or telling stories over the campfire. I already can't wait 'til he's finished it.

On another note. I've upped my hours at work, so I'm even more busy than I was. Tonight we had an open house. Which means I was running around trying to help while I quickly stuffed my face with mini cupcakes. I have a huge sweet tooth...someone save me.

I'm going to stop myself now, before I ramble about more mindless unimportant details of my little life.
xo

2 comments:

  1. Yay you found a pink tree! you should send me a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abbiella,
    I hate it when people comment on postings in letter form, but I'm doing it right now because I don't think anyone will judge me for doing so the way I judge others for doing it. Anyway, I really like reading your blog, and I wish that you would not have writers block anymore. The thing that helps me get rid of writers block is writing every single thought that goes through my mind. I journal obsessively. I purge all my thoughts onto paper, and then I can read over it to figure out what I really think is true once I have all my conflicting feelings laid out before my eyes. I think we've discussed this before, but I really think that every thought you have is important to acknowledge so you can sort through which ones mean the most to you. I hope that little tid bit of my brain helps you. Because I really want to read what happens in your brain.

    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete