Thursday, March 3, 2011

Riding the roller coaster...

Lately I've been rather emotional. More than my usual. I can't really put my finger on why. I have several inklings....like my love interest is still another two months away from reach, my life is a desert, my little brother moved out and is getting married in a couple weeks, my twin brothers are getting so old...they're the age I was when I left my home for the first time......

I've been home for 2 years this May. I don't have much to show for it. Mostly just a lot of jobs on my resume and beauty school debt (I'm a beauty school drop out) and some random paintings sitting on the floor. I know this is good time to be home, to spend my last few years with my family before I spread my wings for the last time and fly. Before my world turns into something I've never experienced.

It's a hard road. With lots of tears and long days. But I know all this waiting is good. It makes you stronger and more appreciative of the times when you're not waiting.

I have my fingers crossed and I'm holding my breath for it all to end.
I'll wait the two months for the weekend in April. And then I'll wait another four months for the next weekend.
Til then. I'm still here.
Wandering. xo.


Strength comes from waiting. -Jose Marti

No comments:

Post a Comment