Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Honest Abe.

I picked up a wooden plaque from the thrift store the other day. One of those seriously out of date wall decor items that everyone passes over.

The reason I picked it up was because of what a quality guy Abraham Lincoln was. When life was screaming at him over and over, "GIVE UP!" He never did. He pushed through and never gave up...No matter what happened. When everyone and everything around him was calling him a failure, he dreamed of success. And... He was.

Life screams at me a lot. Things like....I'm a floundering person, I'm not going anywhere and I'm not amounting to anything. My life is like a desert...flat and dry without a water source in eye sight. And I sometimes need reminders that life isn't always going to be discouraging.

Thanks, Abe.

Bad photo, I know.
I painted the top of the wood with a peachy pink and then painted around the metal with black. 
I banged the gold plate a bit and sand papered it as well.
I think it's a bit quirky, which is what I was going for. 

Cheers. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment