Friday, September 10, 2010

Living life, 7 days a week..

I have lots of thoughts tumbling around inside my head.

I'm trying to straighten and organize them...but they're kinda having fun dancing around all jumbled up inside my brain. I haven't tried to really reign them in yet...but today I will make the attempt to straighten them halfway.

Thought number one:
I have recently ended one job and started another. I'm not going to speak on my previous place of employment. And I don't really feel the desire to speak of the current one either. It's not exactly what I expected. And after an entire day (or two or three) I've made a decision. That I will work my hardest and best regardless of my desire to actually be there. Wednesday night I made a discovery...God wants us to work hard at our jobs. Incredible, right? I get really tired of living the day to day life that I am currently participating in....mostly because it is mundane. My pastor said the other day, "sometimes we'd like to just skip the subplot and get to the point." My thoughts exactly! (this is sort of a thought inside a thought...) Anyway my point is. I want to make the most of my time. And so, I'm going to work hard at this job. To work as if I'm working for God and not a man. And even though I'm not entirely excited to be working at my current place of employment...I'm going to learn as much as I can where I'm at. Someday I may discover that this was the perfect job to teach me certain things I'll need down the road. That way when my life gets to "the point" I'll be happy I worked my hardest and made the most of my time....living out the subplot.

Thought number two:
Continuing on thought number one...wanting to be productive and make the most of my time, I've made a decision. I'm making a goal for myself. To be creative everyday. Whether that means that I paint, or draw, or take a photo, or post a blog, or attempt at altering a pair of jeans. I'm excited about this....we'll see how it goes. Yesterday I rearranged my room, threw away old papers and junk I do not need and hung some photos on the wall. Here are the fruits of my labor and my creative act for yesterday:

(photo taken by iPhone)

Thought number three: I've lost my drivers license. I think I lost it at the airport. I've been losing a number of things lately. I've recovered most of the things I seem to lose track of. But my license is something I have yet to come across yet. Which means I'm driving illegally in Oklahoma. Oh dear. If any policeman are reading this: You're amazing, thanks for all your work. I think you should get paid more. Also, Could you please not pull me over til I get a new license? Thank you much. Anyway. I need to go to the DMV and get a new license.....

Thought number four: I've become a bit of a bookworm lately. Growing up I was a huge bookworm....reading for hours on end. To the point that reading was no longer included in my schoolwork (being home schooled, your mom gets to choose what subjects you study) This was sad for me...because that meant I had to finish all my school before I could read. Devastating. It also came to the point that my mom limited me on my reading. I had to make sure I accomplished certain things throughout the day and interacted with outside life and limited my reading time. When I moved to Colorado and enrolled in Bible school, I decided to stop reading and focus on worthwhile things...like Jesus, my enlarged group of friends, and outside activities. I welcomed this change heartily and haven't picked up a fiction-based book in 3 years....until this summer. And therefore, surprisingly, I have rediscovered my love of reading again. (surprisingly, because I didn't think I'd ever love to read again.) I'm not as obsessed as I was when I was younger, which is an improvement. Another surprising point is that reading has widened my perspective and my awareness of my surroundings and Jesus. Which is surprising because I've been reading mystical/fantastical/scifi books. (ANOTHER surprising point, because I definitely have never read books like these before.) I'm not sure why, but reading has made me think of how life works and helped me dive deeper into my thoughts, which, inevitably, makes me think of Jesus and how life works and appears and...is. I'm enjoying myself, lets just say that.

Those are all the thoughts I'm going to organize and uncover for today.

Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to borrow your room for a night, it looks so cool abs. I love the photos of you and mike! ha

    ReplyDelete